AIA Education Foundation Scholarships
The foundation provides four (4) $2,500 scholarships each year to students who are currently enroled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program and who have
completed or are completing an internship program within the aviation insurance industry. The scholarship was formed in order to help him or her alleviate financial strain
while expanding their professional knowledge and education.
Download Scholarship Application
AIA Foundation will award scholarships twice a year for a total per year of four scholarships which will be awarded in the spring and the fall.
Eligible scholarship applicants will be held on file for one complete cycle of award period. Therefore, if the applicant did not earn the spring scholarship, he or she would still be
eligible for the fall scholarship.
If there are not enough qualified candidates during the first submission period, AIA reserves the right to hold the scholarship awards until the next
submission period when a more qualified candidate is eligible.
AIA Scholarship Requirements
In order to be considered eligible for the AIA scholarship, applicants must be able to show proof of the following requirements:
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Applicants must currently be an intern or recently completed an internship program within a facet of the aviation insurance industry (Agent/broker, underwriter, claims professional, attorney)
- Students must have completed at least 45 college credits.
- The applicant's grade point average must be 2.5 or higher.
Required Documents for Submission
- Completed AIA Scholarship application
- Letter describing activities, indicating leadership qualities, goals, rolls and reason for applying.
- At least one letter of recommendation from a supervisor during the internship program
- Latest transcript(s) from all universities and colleges attended.